The Little Grey Cells' Blog

Saturday, July 08, 2006

I dream a little dream...

“It won’t work.” “Don’t expect so much from it.” “You think too big.” “You hope for too much.” “You’re only going to be disappointed.”
Hmmm…. Where have I heard that before… Lets see…. EVERYWHERE!!!

People seem to have stopped believing these days, and it seems to me that they’ve forgotten how to dream. I’ll correct that. We’ve forgotten how to dream. We’re so caught up in our lives that we’ve forgotten to look around. We’ve lost faith in almost everything and are afraid to trust. We’re a race of people who believe that the world is out to get us.

I know someone who once jumped off her bed, thinking she could fly. I know someone who used to write letters to Santa Claus, for he believed. I know someone who would religiously put her tooth under her pillow believing the tooth fairy would leave her something. I know someone who believed he could take over the world, and maybe even do it some good. But all that was a long time ago. In a different time and age. The same people have now lost faith. They’ve forgotten what they once believed. They’ve forgotten how to believe.

Mostly cynical people now surround me. As I said, they think the world is out to get them. They lead mechanic, almost unreal lives. Barely live even. They’re the kind of people who have lost faith in almost everything- even love, and refuse to give anything a chance. And so, they somehow manage to dampen the spirit of those who do believe.

What’s wrong in dreaming? In dreaming big? What’s wrong with believing that you can make a difference in the world even you’re one small, insignificant nobody? What’s wrong with believing you can fall in love, and stay there? What’s wrong with believing in magic?

Nothing.

It’s just that everyone thinks that you’re naïve when you believe in such things. And then they take it upon themselves to give you a reality check for no particular reason. If that’s not bad enough they continue to tell you that you’ll never be able to do anything that you’ve ever dreamed of because it’s a big, bad world. They dog you down until you stop believing. Until you begin to lose faith. But don’t. Don’t lose faith. If you do, then we’ll just be a world full of faithless idiots, where we’re afraid to believe.

Don’t stop dreaming.

Kripa.

4 Comments:

Blogger pyec08 said...

Nice thoughts! I esp like the para that starts 'I know someone...'
And I like that you often use short sentences.
Karunya

10:58 PM  
Blogger pyec08 said...

Very nice thoughts, indeed. We can start right here in this blog, to believe in the magic of words, in their power to level, connect and contextualise from individual voices to a community of speech.

I'm happy to see more posts on this blog every day.

K

9:46 AM  
Blogger talk said...

blog hopping! Great post! keep writing!

10:34 AM  
Blogger pyec08 said...

I really liked it. And I agree with Karunya on the short sentences. They seem to make your thoughts more forceful. Really nice! :)

12:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home