The Little Grey Cells' Blog

Monday, October 09, 2006

In this age of choices apparently it's not a choice to blog or not to blog. As for Hamlet, I've read in different places that his fatal flas was indecision or cowardice; but from this speech I think it was the latter. After all the most famous speech in Shakespeare's plays is an ode on 'the end justifies the means.' It's good that I don't kill myself, even if it's because of cowardice. But I think most often life takes more courage, because death has no uncertainty and our basic fear is of uncertainty. I've never been able to believe in after-death. When I die I want to be ground up into fertiliser for a field of wheat or oats. My bro thinks thats disgusting but he'll grow up. But maybe I'll be too toxic and pesticide-ridden to be any good as a fertiliser.

No, I dont think death takes courage. Life is precious and for most of us, things have to have become bad enough for us to countenance the possibility of prolonged pain when we think of suicide. If we went on living, we'd suffer more, more slowly: but there would be something better, or at least different, after that whereas death means becoming fertiliser. I despise martyrs, I despise cowards like Jesus Christ. This is a blog so at least I can pretend I have freedom of speech. There was this weird History Channel show that tried to prove Caesar planned his death to immortalise himself for the ages. I've seldom been so frightened as by that show. It seemed to grand, so terrible that he should have planned it all down to the details! Needless to say I dint believe it because I admire Caesar and in the end believing boils down to wanting. Reason? Selflessness? Creativity? We're different from the animals for one reason and that is our power of believing exactly what we choose to believe. Long live the human race, long live truth.

Amita

2 Comments:

Blogger pyec08 said...

Just that little bit of cynicism makes life rather amusing, won't you say :)
Karunya

7:53 PM  
Blogger pyec08 said...

jesus didnt die to show that he had the courage to accept death....his death was a statement...it was him saying that i love my people so much that i will suffer and die for them...because death was and is still considered the ultimate scraifice...if it was just about dying he could have done it in the privacy of his home and gotten one of his friends to suffocate him with a pillow...and did crucifixtion make a coward out of him too? only a coward would go through all that pain and suffering to make a statement right? and u despise people who die for a cause? im sure you'd despise a mother who dies so that her child may live beacuse living with the loss of a child would make her less of a coward. your making a rather sweeping statement and making no differintiation between people who commit suicaude and martyrs. i respect your right to free speech but your ignorance is disrespectful and rather appalling.

raisa

7:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home